3-Year warranty on all hearing aids (repair or replace)
- All hearing aid purchases made in a George & Matilda Audiology (G&M) practice are eligible for a 3-year manufacturer warranty.
- The 3-year manufacturer warranty includes loss and damage cover for the first year (excess applies). Loss and damage cover is limited to one claim per device for the first 12 months
- All claims must be accompanied by a Statutory Declaration.
- An excess fee of $500 + GST applies per device for loss and damage cover only.
- G&M will attempt to repair your hearing aids first and if they are irreparable, we will replace them with the same hearing aids, provided they are still available.
- If the hearing aids are no longer available, you may select new hearing aids as replacements. If the value of the new hearing aids is less than the amount paid for the original hearing aids, we will issue you with a credit. The G&M in-practice credit will be valid for 6 months from the day you collect your new hearing aids and can be used for hearing or optical products or services.
- If the cost of the exchange hearing aids is greater than the amount originally paid, you will be required to pay the difference.
- G&M’s hearing aid warranty applies to the hearing aids only and does not cover any chargers, accessories or consumable items that were supplied with the hearing aids.
- G&M’s hearing aid warranty does not cover breakage which is caused by the patient after the first year of purchase. Should a hearing aid be deemed irreparable, and breakage is not caused by a manufacturing defect within 3 years of collection, we can offer you 30% off RRP to replace your hearing aids with the same product as originally purchased, provided the hearing aids are still available.
14-Day risk free hearing aid trial
- If you are unsure about starting your journey to better hearing with hearing aids, G&M will provide you with hearing aids for a 14-day trial period.
- Identification (eg. driver’s license or passport) and banking details of patients will be required prior to the commencement of the trial.
- At the end of the trial period, the hearing aids and any accessories may either be purchased or returned in their original condition. Failure to return any items will result in full payment required for all items not returned. If the item is damaged, then full payment will be required.
60-day change of mind money back guarantee
- At G&M, under our 60-day change of mind guarantee, we will refund your purchase within 60 days of fitting if you are not completely satisfied.
- The item you wish to return must be in saleable or new condition and must not be damaged in any way or form. The item being returned must also be returned with any accessories and packaging it was supplied with.
- For all custom-made hearing aids, George & Matilda reserves the right to withhold 20% of the total amount paid to cover costs incurred with the manufacturing of the custom-made hearing aids.
- Where the same payment method is available, our staff will conduct a refund via the HICAPS terminal. Where EFT/bank transfer or private health fund refunds are required, please allow 7-28 business days for the refund requests to be processed. These refund types are processed via our Support Office Finance team and the turnaround time is dictated by external financial institutions and private health funds.
- Your G&M audiologist will conduct a free initial hearing assessment and provide you with guidance and support based on your individual requirements. This will include guidance through the hearing aid selection process, fitting of the devices and follow-up appointments as required. Follow-up appointments are to be completed within the first 3 months of fitting.
- G&M offers complimentary lifetime service, including minor repairs, cleaning of hearing aids and replacement of single consumable items, such as domes, filters and tubes. If packets of consumable items are required, they are available for purchase.
- Free hearing aid adjustments are included for the first 12 months after the fitting date.
- Your G&M audiologist will conduct one free annual checkup appointment per year, making any required adjustments to hearing aids. All additional appointments are chargeable.
- If ear moulds are required for a hearing aid fitting, impressions and moulds are free within the first three months of purchase of hearing aids or if there has been significant changes to hearing which require a mould to be fitted. If a replacement mould is recommended by your Audiologist within the first 2 years of your purchase, this will be provided at no cost. After the first 2 years, replacement moulds are available for purchase.
Free hearing aid charger or batteries supplied with your purchase
- For battery operated hearing devices, G&M will provide free batteries for 12 months from the fitting date. A maximum of 10 Blister packs (6 batteries per pack) per device, per client for the first 12 months.
- For rechargeable devices, G&M will provide patients with a free standard desktop charger valued at $350. Premium chargers valued at $650 are available for purchase at a discounted price of $300.
- A 20% discount will be applied to any accessories (TV streamers, microphones and remote controls) purchased within 6 months of the hearing aid fitting date. The discount only applies to accessories currently stocked by G&M.
Price match promise
- If you find an identical item in stock for a lower price, we will match the price of that item.
- The item has to be available for purchase within a shop or clinic and an official quote including details of the provider and product specifications, will need to be provided in our clinic to be verified.
- Purely online distributors (no ongoing audiological care or service) will not be valid for this price match promise.